MP Louis Chua

Mr Chua Kheng Wee Louis asked the Minister for Manpower for investments made by CPF members under the CPF Investment Scheme (CPFIS) (a) what is the current breakdown of invested amounts by investment products; and (b) what is the current cumulative investment performance for CPFIS-OA investors by investment products.

Dr Tan See Leng: CPF members enjoy risk-free interest of up to six per cent per annum on their CPF balances. Those who are prepared to take some risk to earn potentially higher returns may do so through the CPF Investment Scheme or CPFIS. Members can participate in CPFIS using their Ordinary Account (CPFIS-OA) and Special Account monies.

Under the CPFIS-OA, CPF members have access to a range of investment products of varying risk profiles. These include bonds, fixed deposits, insurance policies, unit trusts, shares, gold products and exchange-traded funds or ETFs.

Based on the latest CPFIS-OA Profit and Loss Statement published on the CPF website, about 75% of 645,000 CPFIS-OA members made profits or broke even in the reporting period of FY2020. The remaining 162,000 members (25%) made cumulative total losses1.

Note(s) to Question No(s) 34:

1 Based on the CPFIS-OA Profit and Loss Statement for the period ended September 2020. Figures based on cumulative total returns since 1 October 2014.  

Ministry of Manpower
14 February 2022

%d bloggers like this: